AirShare Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes to this policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto airshare.co.nz (the Website). The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
Who do we collect your personal information FROM?
We collect personal information about you from:
- you, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the Website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (e.g. telephone call or email), or when you buy or use our services and products
- third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
If possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
How we use your personal information
We will use your personal information:
- to verify your identity
- to provide services to you
- to market our services to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- to improve the services that we provide to you
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- another company within our group, such as Airways Corporation of New Zealand Limited and/or Airways International Limited
- any business that supports our services, including our payment services provider and any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data centre that we use to provide the Website or other services and products
- a credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you
- other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- a person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. a regulatory authority)
- any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency)
- any other person authorised by you.
A business that supports our services and products may be located outside New Zealand. This may mean your personal information is held and processed outside New Zealand.
In order to ensure compliance with the law and maintain cyber security standards, we and our authorised contractors monitor use of and interaction with our information systems (including email traffic and web browsing). This monitoring includes activity logging and analysis and occasional formal audit. Information gathered through such monitoring (regardless of whether it relates to or is connected with your involvement in any malicious or illegal activity) may be:
- used to prevent and resolve unauthorised access to or attacks on our information systems;
- provided to others (such as data analysis companies, information security providers, the police and/or other government agencies) to:
- comply with New Zealand or overseas laws;
- improve cyber security; and/or
- assist us to decide what is needed in order to comply with such laws or improve cyber security;
We shall not be responsible to you (or anyone else) if we use or provide information about you for the purposes outlined above.
Protecting your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse.
Accessing, correcting and deleting your personal information
Subject to certain grounds for refusal set out in the Act, you have the right to access your readily retrievable personal information that we hold and to request a correction to or deletion of your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
In respect of a request for deletion, we will use reasonable efforts to promptly make the deletion subject to the fact that we will retain all data provided by you for a minimum of six months, or until the conclusion of any investigation for use or disclosure for the purposes outlined under the ‘Disclosing your personal information’ heading.
If you want to exercise the above rights, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, the correction or deletion, that you are requesting).
We may charge you our reasonable costs of providing to you copies of your personal information or correcting that information.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.